I opted for a low carb dinner tonight so decided to turn my favourite chicken wraps into lean ground turkey LETTUCE wraps! I have really struggled to find turkey in the grocery stores here in New Zealand but I FINALLY FOUND IT!
And I must say… This turned out AMAZING! I could actually eat this 6 nights a week (one night off for a cheat meal of course ;P)
This doesn’t take a long time to make which is a bonus.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- Olive oil spray or Coconut Oil
- 150g ground Turkey (1 serve)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- Spiralized (or chopped) Zucchini
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 head lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add Onion & fresh garlic and fry for 3-5 min or until its brown off. Add in the other vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes or until softened. (I kept my cherry tomatoes fresh but you can also cook these!)
- Add in ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks. Add in Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Stir in soy sauce & ginger until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, spoon a few tablespoons of the mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style!
- You can also add condiments of your choice to this, but remember, these have a lot of calories!
- And your done! WAHLaaaa!
Hope you guys enjoy!
Love Laura xx